Saturday, May 8, 2010

HAIR do's

Okay... so as I mentioned in the earlier post - it has been busy with two weddings! Well, another one of my creative talents is doing Hair! I love to create hairstyles for special occasions. I was asked to do the hair of BOTH sisters on their wedding days. So we practiced a few times prior to the big day. What they would like and how they wanted their hair to look and what they felt it shoud say... cuz let's face it- Hairstyles make statements.
After the big days were done - both of them - I relaxed a bit!! But today I was asked to "fix" the Prom Hair of my "adopted niece" (and exchange student) Eva. Michele (sister in law and Host Mother) took them to the Salon (Kirsten and Eva) to get their hair done for Prom tonight. WEll, the stylist at the salon would not listen to what Eva wanted and just did what she wanted. So when it was said and done, I get a text from Michele stating they are having a Hair Emergency and Eva was really upset with her Hairdo and was sooo not happy with it. So I mentioned I can see what I can do to fix it and to come right over. They were around the corner anyway so they came over.
When Eva walked in I was saddened by how the stylist did her hair!! It was not bad, per se, but it was not fancy enough for Prom! It was a cute summer do! The sides were up and it was slightly curled (loosely curled). Eva wanted it very curly, but didn't know what else... just not this! So I looked at her hair, felt her hair and then asked what she will be wearing! She stated it was a strapless red gown. Okay, your hair needs to be up. And since your hair is red, it will need an off color in it... like white flowers or such! To which she agreed.
I am a fan of big hair, so I went to work on her hair. When I got done, I was soooo happy at how her hair turned out. It was very elegant! I actually did a great job and she absolutely loved it!!!! Which, in turn, makes me very very happy!! So now both girls (Eva and Kirsten) want me to do their hair for graduation day... which is perfect, Get my name out there ... I will gladly do hair! Just let me know what you want and how big you want it and it can be done :)

Side of Eva's Hair with white Flower & Black Ribbon!

The back view of Eva's Hair.

Front view of Eva's Hair.



Front/side view of Heidi's wedding do



Side view of Heidi's Wedding Do.



Front view of Nettie's wedding Do












Front & Side view of Nettie's Wedding UpDo :)







1 comment:

  1. Awesome Leigh!!! Have you thought of becoming a beautician?

    ReplyDelete